Monday, February 4, 2008

Who's on Your Team?

My family was invited to a Super Bowl party yesterday.

So we went.

And I watched the SuperBowl game.

Fact: I'm not a sports person. I don't have a favorite team.

Fact: I honestly don't understand the rules of football at all. (And I honestly don't care!)

Fact: Okay, I admit it. I was there for the snacks. All kidding aside, I was really only there for Darren's guacamole dip. It's INCREDIBLY GOOD!! Seriously, if you ever have the opportunity to eat this stuff...you gotta do it. Wow.
As I watched the game though...I thought..."Boy, these commercials aren't as good as the ones I saw last year."

And then I thought, "What is Peyton Manning doing hiding in that corner??"
And then I thought,"Tom Brady is definitely having some male pattern baldness issues..."
And then I thought, "What is that defensive coach (someone told me that's who he was!) doing? Is he telling them to do the 'honk your horn' play?"
And then I thought, "Look out, Tom! They're going to-----umph! Take you down."
And then I thought, "It's good to have someone watching your back on your team. Cuz it's scary out there!"

Here's the thing: We are not meant to be solitary folks. We need each other. Badly. And the people you put on your 'team'...can either help you score a touchdown...or can get you bagged.

Er....sacked. I meant sacked. Sigh. (Stupid football terminology! I told you I didn't know much about the game!)

This game of Life (which I enjoy MUCH more than Football...I must say. I'm usually a journalist when I play, altho there have been a couple of times that I've been lucky enough to land on Doctor...and I almost always end up with twins somehow. I don't know what that's all about! And then, at the end, I inevitably end up in the smaller house...or as I like to call it...the Pauper's Paradise. After I spend all my hard-earned cash cleanin' up my inheritance of my uncle's skunk farm or whatever that is...that's where I end up...with my false teeth and my fire insurance and my twins and my pink car. This one time, someone tried to get me to take the orange car instead...and I was like, huh uh...NO WAY! I ALWAYS play with the pink car and...um.....................what were we talking about?)

Oh, yeah. Life. This game of Life is tough. But it's not too bad if you have some good teammates. Think about your roster for a moment (and don't be so impressed. I googled that word!). Who's playing? More importantly, who's your Captain?
You need an encourager and an accountant on your team. Someone who motivates you...and someone who keeps you in check. If you got 'em, let 'em know how much they mean to your 'team' today!
I believe it was that great football legend, Yogi Berra who said...and I quote: "The game's not over...'til it's over."
That's a man who knew what he was talking about...am I right?
Now let's get out there and shoot some hoops!!

No comments: