Monday, February 25, 2008

I Dreamed a Dream

I don't feel like I've slept at all. My dreams have been just crazy lately.


I had a really freaky one the other night. My daughter was in it...there was this green and white (yeah...I said GREEN and white) dog named Mountain Dew that my husband wanted to take home...someone gave me a baby to take care of because these two high school/college aged girls weren't taking care of it properly...I was in this store of junk/antiques and it was a maze. I kept going around, looking for an exit.

A green and white dog....wow! Where did THAT come from???

No more soda for me before bed...(snort!)

When I was younger, my Mom would accuse me of making my dreams up...because they were so detailed. I'd sit there and tell the whole dream at the breakfast table and she'd look at me for a second and say, "You're making that up."

I have a very overactive imagination.

I have a lot of dreams.

You know something? My husband doesn't dream. I'll ask him what he dreamt about last night and he'll say..."I didn't dream".

I think that's a little odd.

Maybe my brain needs an outlet or something. Maybe I HAVE to dream to get that 'creativity closet' of mine cleaned up once in a while.

Tomorrow is my birthday. Looking back on life, there are things that I have dreamed about that have not happened...whether by my own choice or someone else's.

Now...I can dwell on those dreams all day long...the ones that didn't happen...the nightmares that did...and not even see the really, good dreams. (You know, the ones where you get awakened and you try to get back "INTO" the dream but it never really works!)

What am I going to do with the next year of my life? Do I have some goals? Do I have some vision for that year? What's my dream?

What are your dreams? Goals? Visions for the year? Do you have any?

I have some things I want to work on. There's some planning going on in my head.

Maybe next year, while reviewing what has happened this year in my life...my Mom may say, "Did that year really happen? I think you made it up!"

No comments: