Saturday, February 9, 2008

Miss Information

Inspector Clouseau: (to the Innkeeper) Does your doog (dog) bite?
Innkeeper: No
Clouseau: Nice Dooggy (bends down to pet a dachshund - it snarls and bites him)I thought you said yer doog did not bite!

Inn Keeper: Zat... iz not my dog!

Zat....iz an incredible movie scene. When I saw it for the first time, I walked around and repeated "Does your doog bite?" to everyone I met.

No one thought it was as funny as I did. But that's okay. I was seriously amused and that's all that matters! (snort!)

Ahem...I've always loved mysteries. It started with reading Nancy Drew and Encyclopedia Brown books when I was 10 and I'm still reading! I'm watching 'em on tv....I'm working on the logic problems in my puzzle books. I like to try and figure out whodunit. I want to be like Sherlock Holmes and Monk and Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple and stand in a drawing room (there's a mystery for you! What exactly IS a drawing room for? Drawing???...)and accuse folks of crime and then prove my case.

Like with Inspector Clouseau above though....too often I think I know what's going on...but I haven't really asked the right questions. I don't have all the information. So I'll base my judgment on what little knowledge I have...and sometimes I'll come to wrong conclusions.


Doesn't make a good crime solver...does it? (Hey C....don't quit your day job!)


Have you ever done that?



You know what else I do? I don't always offer the correct information. Like the Innkeeper, I'll tell just so much to get by. I'm not necessarily lying...but I'm not being totally honest. And others will come to wrong conclusions.

Hmm...however, I might make a good criminal!!! There's something to consider...

Back to my point:

(yes, I did have a point!)

Thankfully, I have a friend who's been helping me to clarify my information...and I'm finding that it's easier to communicate with him.



Do you have trouble communicating with others?



Of course, the other side of that coin is that my friend is a good listener. Pays attention.



Are you a good listener?



Have I asked enough questions this morning?

Can I ask one more?

Please?

Does your doog bite?



(heeheehee...gets me every time!!!)

No comments: