Saturday, February 23, 2008

It takes one...

So I'm watching one of my favorite shows "Numb3rs" last night, and CBS is advertising a new show..."Dexter". Apparently, the guy is a serial killer hunting for other serial killers.

Hm...stay with me Friends...I do have a thought about this....
I have no desire to watch this show. However, in the advertising it stated this:

"It Takes One to Know One"

That's what I want us to talk about today. "It takes one to know one"...

My Friend, you are special. You are unique. You have an interesting story to tell about the particular struggles and successes that you have experienced in your life and you should take advantage of the opportunities that come your way, to share them with others....

Because there is someone else out there...who's experiencing similar stuff...and could use your help.

The irony is...as unique as we are....there IS someone who is struggling like we are. Which sounds like we're not that unique at all!

It's our human-ness. That's what binds us all together. And that's why we need each other.

Be aware of how your life story could help someone else through a difficult time. Or celebrate with someone who's celebrating a victory!

Man, I gotta stop watching so much tv....anybody out there feelin' my pain?? :)

No comments: