Saturday, February 2, 2008

Lord of the Bathtub Rings

I'm filling up the tub as I type. It's been one of those days...

You know, one of those "Calgon, take me away!" kind of days...

One of those "Hey, who wants to take me on a Spa Date?" kind of days.

I dunno...I've felt a little on edge...and as Bilbo Baggins so aptly said, "I feel...thin. Sort of stretched, like... butter scraped over too much bread. I need a holiday. A very long holiday..."

What do you do when you feel thin? Is there someplace you'd like to holiday?

Me? I get in the tub. Silence. Quiet. Peace.

And I think about the Shire...


Oh, I know it's not a real place. But I'd still like to go there if I could. There's a simplicity there that appeals to me. Sure, there's Boromir :) ...but I think it's the Shire that calls to me even more. There's few distractions, I believe, in the Shire.

(Glub...glub. I love the bathtub.)

I need to clear my head. There's all kinds of things floating around in there. You know, I mentioned earlier this week that I'm de-cluttering my home. I'm giving away the things I don't want. Well, sometimes I need to de-clutter my mind as well. Like Frodo's burden of the Ring, I have my own burdens I carry. It's at those times that I remind myself that there is Someone I can give those items to..."Here...take this. And this...oh, yeah...and You can have this back. I know I keep thinking I need it...but it's really something I should let You have."

Ah! Much better! I'm glad I don't have to handle things all on my own.

And neither do you. Think about that for a moment...and pass me the loofah.

No comments: