Friday, March 14, 2008

Infectious Disease

So...yesterday I'm typing away on the computer...and my daughter is standing right behind me.

And she sneezes.

Now...I'm not talking about some polite, cute, little 'achoo!' that you say "Bless you!" to pleasantly...

no...this was different. Much different. It was a full-blown (literally!), wet (dare I say DRENCHING?), nasty ol' sneeze.

AHHHHH CHOOOOO!

So...I'm sitting there...dripping...(really!) and I say, "Thanks for the shower! Could I get a towel, please?"

The keyboard is wet...my shoulder is wet...it's all wet here. Yuck.

"I hope what you've got isn't catching," I say. "Cover your mouth next time! Sheesh!"

And she's laughing...and I'm laughing...kinda...but it got me to thinking...

Is what I've got catching?

We just finished performing Fresh Roasted Comedy Cafe', and one of the guys in it has this smile that is just...infectious. Seriously. When he grins...you grin. You cannot help yourself. And I tried, every time I saw him smile...to NOT smile.

It wasn't possible, my friends. I couldn't do it. I couldn't NOT smile.

Our attitudes are infectious. People will imitate us. They can't help themselves. So...the question becomes:

Are you sneezing all over folks...or is your smile making them smile?

Okay...that's not REALLY the question. But what I want to think about today is how our attitude affects those around us...as well as ourselves!

One thing I've noticed about myself is that if I surround myself with things that make me smile...then I smile more!

So...look around. Do you have things around you that make you smile? Look at them a couple of times today...you might be surprised by how good you feel.

My friends, you make me smile. Spread that infection around, okay?!

No comments: