Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Da Do Ron Ron Ron Da Do Ron Ron...

He had the ability to take my breath away.

And, to be honest, if I ever get the chance to meet him...why, I'll probably just faint dead away...right there on the spot.

Who, you ask? Who could have that kind of effect on me?

The President?

No....

Donald Trump?

(snort!) Hardly.

Well....who, C.? Don't leave us hangin'!!

Fine. I'll tell you. Promise not to laugh?

It's....it's....Shaun Cassidy.
Yeah...I know. I know!

(hey....I thought you promised not to laugh!)
When I was ten years old....he became the ONLY thing I thought about.
Seriously. I started getting those teen magazines...and I watched "The Hardy Boys" religiously. I'm not kidding. I've even got some of the shows on VHS to prove it. I wrote my first 'fan letter' to Shaun...and got a picture back in the mail! It was the coolest thing!

At eleven...I could tell you his favorite color...his birthday (Sept. 27, 1958...ONLY 10 years older than me! I mean, that's not alot!)
...what kind of pet he had...how many brothers...I knew all the statistics...

At twelve...I wore my hair like his...I had a Shaun Cassidy puzzle that I could put together in like .0058 seconds...and I had a 45 of his song, "That's Rock n Roll". And at thirteen, I had two of his albums!! He was my life!

(And don't you even ask me what a 45 is...sigh...)

Some called my interest...um....devoted. Some would say....obsessive.

Some thought I was silly. Or dumb. Or crazy!

Had you asked me about it...I would have told you that I loved him. Simple as that. He was all I thought about...well, that is....if you didn't include Donny Osmond...

You see, I loved Donny almost as much. And then Matt Dillon came along...and Scott Baio...and Leif Garrett...and OH! MY! GOODNESS! Andy Gibb!!!

Wow!

Shaun had the most lasting effect on me, however. He still remained WAY up there...my walls in my room were covered with him. He was the first thing I thought of in the morning...and the last thing I thought of when I went to sleep.

I idolized Shaun. Er....and Andy...and Timothy Hutton...and C. Thomas Howell...and Chris Atkins....and....and!!!! The more of them I 'loved'...the more covered and cluttered my walls got...the more distracted I became...

Is there anything that you think of ALL THE TIME? Oh, maybe it's not Shaun Cassidy. Maybe for you it's....money. Or football. Or work. Or computer games. Maybe it's a hobby. Maybe it's exercise. Maybe it's yourself that you think of all the time...

My Friends, there is only One we should be hyper-focused on...there is only One who deserves all of our attention. I encourage you to learn all you can about Him...write Him a fan letter...

Spend some quality time thinking of Him today. Hey! You know what? You could even put His picture on your wall!!

No comments: