Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Gene Kelly knew what he was doing!

It's raining here right now...sigh...it's rained all day.

I'm a little tired of it.

Okay. I'm MORE than a little tired of it.

I'm SOOOOO Ready for some sunny weather!!! AUGH!!!!

I mean, I normally enjoy rain. I like how things smell after a rain....and I like the sound of rain on the roof...and how everything looks brighter after it rains. But I'm missing the sun. And that kinda annoys me.

So what do I do when I'm annoyed...and it's raining?

Yep...you're right. I get on my computer. And waste time. Most recently I've been wasting time on Facebook. There's an application on there called, "Have you ever...?" and you answer questions like, "Have you ever lied about your age?" (who, me? Wha? Never!) and "Have you ever licked the bottom of your shoe?" (again, who...me? Wha? Never! Well...there was that one time...you know...when I was um...3 years old...and I might've maybe licked my shoe...but it's not like I have a shoe lickin' problem!!)

But I digress....

Anyways...one of the questions was, "Have you ever danced in the rain?"

Hm....I had to think about that one.

I know I've walked in the rain. Sometimes voluntarily...

I know I've driven a car in the rain.

I know I've ran in the rain. To roll up car windows...

But have I ever danced in the rain?

It's a good question.

I like dancing.

I like rain. Usually.

But have I ever put the two together??

It got me to thinking...

How many times in my life have I been 'rained on'...and 'danced' in it??

How about you?
Do you dance in the rain? Do you find yourself positively moving in the midst of a cloudy time?

Lemme ask you this.

Do you dance with others in the rain? Do you partner up with someone during their thunderstorm and join them in the song?

To see the good in the middle of a bad thing. That's cool. Is it easy? No....

But you know what? It doesn't rain every single day! I mean, it's not like we're in a rain forest!
It's not like we have to make ourselves dance in the rain every day. It doesn't get the opportunity to become tedious work. Dance is uplifting....and fun...and exhilarating!

And hysterical to watch. (that is, if it's me doing the dancing!! snort!)

So get out there and dance, friends!

Forget, for just a moment, the bad stuff that's happening in your life...and dance in the rain. You are an incredible person! You have a Creator that loves you...and you are here for a reason! Don't think for one second that you are unimportant....or unnecessary....or unwanted.

"Why am I smiling? And why do I sing? Why does September seem sunny as spring? Why do I get up each morning and start? Happy and head up with joy in my heart? Why is each new task a trifle to do? Because I am living a life full of YOU!!"

Gene Kelly had the right idea, my friends...when he sang those words. Focus on Someone close. And dance in the rain! You'll feel better, I promise!

Now I better get off of the computer. Where's that umbrella of mine?!

1 comment: