Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What's a whelm?

Okay, so I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now. Which is pretty silly to write if you start thinking about the word 'overwhelmed' in the first place. Just what exactly is a 'whelm' and what goes over it??

Well, lucky readers, thanks to dictionary.com...I found out. Whelm is to be 'covered over by water'. To be overwhelmed then...is to be OVER covered by water. Which fascinates me. I mean, you can only be covered by so much water, right?

Got me to thinking about water. I love being in the water. I love baths, swimming pools, hot tubs...I'm one of those folks that thinks jumping into an icy lake in January actually doesn't sound too bad. Some claim my love of H2O has to do with my astrological sign...but horoscopes, I've found, don't hold much water for me. (snort!) (I know...I'm apologizing right now for even using that phrase. Just try to stay with me for a second, alright?)

Too much water can be dangerous. It can hurt. Too little water is just as bad...so how do you keep water balanced so it's safe?

The answer? Oh, you don't. But the good news is that there is Someone who knows a lot about water. And what I've found out is that if I keep my eyes on Him...the water level lowers a bit.

Are you finding yourself looking all over the ocean at too many things and suddenly feeling like you're sinking? I encourage you to focus...my friend...keep your eyes on the LIFEguard.

He wants to save us from drowning out there...we just have to grab His hand and hang on tight!


I think I'll go jump in the shower now. And get myself a drink. All this water talk has made me thirsty!!


No comments: