Monday, January 28, 2008

Coffee, Cold Feet, and Comfort

My daughter's home sick today. My kids don't get sick often...but when they do...whew! Look out! There's some serious sickness goin' on. Not my favorite part of parenting, (you know, I prefer embarrassing them in front of their friends!)but a very necessary one. She's sleeping soundly right now. I could sit and watch my kids sleep for days...but I got things to do...so let's go!

I poured myself some coffee, added WAY too much creamer to it...and sat down here at the computer. Sockless. After being here for about 30 minutes, I've realized that I can NO LONGER feel my feet! It's like I've climbed Everest or something! My gosh, how come the floor is so bloomin' COLD!!?? Gotta find some slippers or a warm dog belly or some forest fire or something...or this will be a very short entry...just a sec...stay right there...I'll be right back!

Okay. Here I am. Back. Refilled my cup and put on my husband's insulated hunting socks. He doesn't hunt, mind you...(altho he loves tearing into some venison!) but he is outside a lot, so he's got these in his sock drawer. Ahhhh....much better. Much warmer. Mmmmmm. Comfort.

You know...I procrastinate. Sometimes, I'll put things off until they become painful or uncomfortable. Like my cold feet. Or hard conversations. Or washing the dogs. Have you been putting something off?

It only took me a few seconds to find comfort. Take my advice. Don't procrastinate today. Do one hard thing and do it now! Put on your socks and feel the warmth!

One more cup o' joe and then I'm going to tackle the kitchen floor. Ugh. Not my favorite thing...but one that I've been shying away from. Wish me luck!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

See, I knew it. You were born for this blogging stuff. What an amazing post!
And, you're right. Off to do one hard thing.

Flying Monkey said...

Fuzzy slippers. Warm feet. Its funny how much things can change from 24 hours ago...

heiniger said...

Nice... if I've already done one hard thing, do I have to do another???

Great pic.

Traci said...

Guten Tag CC!
Confession: First time blog reader, first time blog responder!
Heading to Germany next week. Yes in February. Probably not the best time of year to go. I am definitely going to have to get me some of those insulated socks! I am sorry to hear Mini You is sick. Why the UK? Stonehenge? Castles? Oh wait, I know Christian Bale!

Paco said...

Hey C

Nice blog--I definitely identify with the procrastination stuff. I have been uncomfortable many times as a result of my procrastination. Thanks for the challenge.

BTW--I also possess a pair of insulated hunting socks although I do not hunt. I guess it is to satisfy my inner outdoors-men.

Paco

Tara said...

ok, so grouchy, i just typed you a huge, LONG reply and the computer "lost" it....uuugh!

anyway....so glad you started a blog!!!!!! i am addicted to blogs...now off to make dinner and STOP procrastinating!!!! he heheh

Hope Hannah is feeling better!!!

I will save your blog to "bloglines", so i can see when you have new posts if that's ok???

Tara said...

oh yeah...forgot...
LOVE THE BLOG NAME!!! he hehe! Awesome!

zeekil said...

Thanks for inviting me to your wonderful witty blog thing. I forget who told me that "intelligent people don't procrastinate- they conserve energy". By the way, scooting around with your hunting socks can be an effective way to clean a floor. Take care.

Captain K said...

I find that blogs like this are made to feed my ability to procrastinate! I should be working, or picking up the wife... Please keep this up, you were born for it. A reprise of the Master Gardener would also be welcome